For many young students, college graduation is the most important accomplishment in their life to date. If you have an up-and-coming college graduate in your family, there’s no better way to celebrate their big achievement than by throwing them the bash of the century.
If you don’t consider yourself to be a professional party planner, there’s light at the end of the tunnel. You can use these helpful, user-friendly party planning tips to plan a memorable college graduation party and show your graduate how much you care:
- Choose a venue. When planning the perfect graduation party, the venue is everything. You need to choose a venue that is big enough to host a number of students, especially if your son or daughter graduated from a large college. If your home is big enough to hold a large group, that’s the most affordable option by far. Or, you can reserve a local facility like a church dining hall or community center that can accommodate multiple tables for food and even a dance floor.
- Create a menu. To keep a graduation party budget to a minimum, hosting a backyard barbecue is an affordable way to feed dozens of people. If you want to go all out, consider hiring a catering company to provide a sitdown dinner, complete with a champagne toast at the end of the evening.
- Book transportation. To give your graduate the celebration that they deserve, you can create an impressive entrance to the party by hiring a limo to bring the graduate to the venue. For an entrance worthy of the red carpet, ask all guests to line up outside to greet the graduate as they exit the limo upon arrival.
- Take a stroll down memory lane. Since graduation is a special time that has commemorated a number of achievements throughout life, take a moment to put together a video presentation or photo slideshow of elementary, middle, high school, and college memories. If you don’t consider yourself to be technologically inclined, you can gather pictures and video clips and hire a professional company to create the presentation.
- Buy the right gift. College graduation wouldn’t be complete without a special gift to show your graduate how proud you are of their success. A college graduation gift may include an international trip, a check, a new car, or even a special piece of jewelry. If you are on a limited budget, consider an engraved gift to add a personal touch, like an engraved necklace or engraved cufflinks. Make sure to set aside several moments to present the gift at the party as a time to honor the graduate.
While college graduation is an important event in any young person’s life, these tips can be used to celebrate any critical milestone, including high school graduation or a big promotion at work. Taking the time to recognize on achievement, like graduating college, will help to show your graduate how proud you are and provide them with the sendoff that they need to move on to the next stage of their life.